Re: Thickness in ParametricPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27185] Re: Thickness in ParametricPlot3D
  • From: adam_smith at my-deja.com
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 03:10:30 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Yes it is.  This is an option that is not explained well in the Help
Browser.  The following example should give you the basic idea:

ParametricPlot3D[{Cos[5t], Sin[3t], Sin[t], {Thickness[0.02], Hue
[.3]}}, {t, 0, 2 Pi}]

Basically you include all the appearance options as a 4th set,
remembering to put a curly bracket around the options.

Adam Smith

In article <95tpqh$m5v at smc.vnet.net>,
  "Mitja Lakner" <mlakner at fgg.uni-lj.si> wrote:

> Is it possible to use options Thickness and Hue in ParametricPlot3D?
> (similarly as this can be done in Show[Graphics3D =
> {Thickness[0..2],Hue[.3],Line[...]}]. On the other hand, I have
problems
> with Show[Graphics3D, because I obtain JAGGED edges on any thick
line.)

> Mitja

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/