Re: J/Link MathCanvas/Graphics/Interaction

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg27207] Re: J/Link MathCanvas/Graphics/Interaction
  • From: Ulrich Hofstoetter <ulrich.hofstoetter at>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:20:47 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

murphee wrote:
> yo Group (especially Todd Gayley),

> I haven't yet found a way in J/Link to do this, or am I just thinking in
> the wrong direction?
> if there is no simple solution available in J/Link, maybe that could be
> something for J/Link 2.0 ...
> since you're (you = J/Link Maintainers) at the "source" of the Production
> of the Bitmap, wouldn't it be possible
> to somehow extract/preserve these parameters and allow the user to access
> them;
> from what I know, you use the psrender.exe programm to render the
> PostScript output to the GIF file;
> maybe that could be a place to get that info from;
As PS already looses all infromation about the objects, maybe you
should start one step earlier.

I guess you need some kind of parser for the InputForm of your graphics
object, which might be quite simple for a single Point
p = Graphics[Point[{1, 1}]] // InputForm

Graphics[Point[{1, 1}]]

I guess, this is what happens in the LiveGraphics3D Applet by
Martin Krause

Dipl.-Inf. Ulrich Hofstötter
Visual Analysis AG
Neumarkter Str. 87