InitializationCellEvaluation

I've written a nb containing some initialization cells and set the nb and
global options such that the initialization cells are automatically
evaluated as soon as the nb is opened. it works fine, if I open the nb
manually, but if I open it from inside another nb using NotebookOpen, the nb
is opened, but the initialization cells are not evaluated. What am I doing
wrong?

J:)rgen