Re: export eps with fonts 4.01?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27415] Re: [mg27387] export eps with fonts 4.01?
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 00:53:38 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Federica Cattani wrote:

> we're trying to use ExportToEPSWithFonts with Mathematica 4.01.
> With Mathematica 4 everything worked just fine and we could export graphics
> with the correct greek letters and fonts and everything, but now with 4.01
> it doesn't work any more...
> when we try to use it and then we look at the eps file with a ghostviewer
> there's no graphic at all in the file...the page is completely white...
>
> where did we go wrong?

Based on the name of the function, I'm assuming that you're using the
emmathfnt toolkit that is downloadable from MathSource.  The top level
function calls an MS-DOS batch file named emmathfnt.bat.  If the settings
in this batch file do not agree with the acutual setup of Mathematica on
your system, then it is quite possible for things to go very wrong.  Locat
this batch file on your system, make sure that it is located in a
directory listed on the PATH environment variable, and then check its
contents with a text editor to make sure that the paths referenced therein
are accurate.

If, after verifying that the batch file is set up properly, you find that
things are still not working, please let me know.  The emmathfnt toolkit
is minimally supported, but I doubt that you're doing anything so exotic
that would make it hard to diagnose.

--
P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at wolfram.com