Re: Statistics`MeanDifferenceTest

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27482] Re: [mg27424] Statistics`MeanDifferenceTest
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 00:37:37 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The problem is, in conventional theory - I mean non-bayesian - both means,
i.e., the true means of the distributions from which the samples were
obtained, are supposed to be constants, albeit unknown. Therefore, you
cannot speak of probabilities concerning their relative positions.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City