RE: How can I transform the number of 123.456 into "123.456"?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg26525] RE: [mg26515] How can I transform the number of 123.456 into "123.456"?
- From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
- Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 04:08:44 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Liwen, ToString[123.456] % // FullForm 123.456 "123.456" Mathematica does not normally display strings with the quote marks showing. (You can change this behavior in the Option Inspector.) Strangely, ToString is not discussed in Section 2.7, Strings and Characters, but in Section 2.8.3. David Park djmp at earthlink.net http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/ > From: liwen liwen [mailto:gzgear at yahoo.com] To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net > Dear friend: > Happy New Year! > I want to transform the numbers such as 123.456 or > 345.89087 into strings as "123.456" or "345.89087" , > Could you help me? > Thank you very much! > > Best regards, > > Liwen > E-mail: gzgear at yahoo.com > > 12/30/2000