Subscripted variables and FindRoot?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg26688] Subscripted variables and FindRoot?
- From: Mike Yukish <may106 at psu.edu>
- Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:47:36 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Penn State University, Center for Academic Computing
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I love using subscripted variables for readability, but they seem to
have their limitations. FindRoot[ ] seems to burp when presented with a
function that takes a subscripted variable as input. Also, and probably
related, how do you declare a subscripted variable as a pattern for a
function? Patterns and subscripts seem to clash.
This is no problem...
This is a problem (read Xy as x-subscripted-y)
foo[Xy_] := Xy^2
Where it does not recognize compute z^2 when presented with
Any hints on how to work with them?
Prev by Date:
3D-Plots: Coloring edges (simple)
Next by Date:
Multiple choice question
Previous by thread:
Re: 3D-Plots: Coloring edges (simple)
Next by thread:
Re: Subscripted variables and FindRoot?