Re: Q: Factor with Polynominals?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg26741] Re: Q: Factor with Polynominals?
- From: Robert <robert.schuerhuber at gmx.at>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 02:14:16 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Vienna University of Technology
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
thanks for this solution, it works very well in some cases. but unfortunately this is not exactly the solution i was looking for, maybe i stated the problem unprecise: i'd like to single out a polynomial from an other (longer polynomial), e.g. Expand[(x^2 + y^2)^4 + y (x^2 + y^2)+y] yields y+x^2 y+y^3+(x^2+y^2)^4 with the method suggested by you. but i would like to get (x^2+y^2) ((x^2+y^2)^3 + y) + y, therefore in this example i'd like to single out the polynomial x^2+y^2. is there a way to do this? thanks, robert