  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26808] Overriding Power
  • From: Jeff Hersh <frumple*NOSPAM* at home.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 04:18:46 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I am working on a package that deals with non-communative multiplication
and I have run into a problem with the Power function. As we know
Power[a b,n] (where n is an integer) automatically gets converted to
Power[a,n] Power[b,n]. However, with non-communative multiplication (I
have removed the Orderless attribute from Times to make it
non-communative) this isn't valid. Is there any way I can stop
Mathematica from automatically doing this conversion?

Jeff
--
Jeffrey Hersh,PhD

Remove the *NOSPAM* to reply.