New package (Humorap 1.0) apply to Radioprotection and Internal Dosimetry (ICRP 66 and 78)
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg26814] New package (Humorap 1.0) apply to Radioprotection and Internal Dosimetry (ICRP 66 and 78)
- From: "J.Guillermo Sanchez" <guillerm at gugu.usal.es>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 04:18:51 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Dear friend, I would like to announce that I have posted in Mathsource the package:Humorap 1.0: A Human Model for Radiological Protection (ICRP 66 and 78). I will appreciate any suggestion (guillerm at gugu.usal.es). It can be downloaded from: http://www.mathsource.com/Content/WhatsNew/0211-554 This package provides several Mathematica functions to calculate the retention in the respiratory tract, including the lungs, of people resulting from intake of airborne radionuclides. It can be applied to compute the body and organ content, the daily urinary and faecal excretion for a time t after a simple intake. It can be expanded to include continuous and other kind of intake. Default values are applied but many parameters (decay constant, initial depositions, clearance , absorption types factors, etc) can be modified by users. It is possible to obtain the numeric and the analytical solution. As an example this package can be used to evaluate the Lung Depleted Uranium content in studies about Balkan Syndrom.