New package (Humorap 1.0) apply to Radioprotection and Internal Dosimetry (ICRP 66 and 78)

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg26814] New package (Humorap 1.0) apply to Radioprotection and Internal Dosimetry (ICRP 66 and 78)
  • From: "J.Guillermo Sanchez" <guillerm at>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 04:18:51 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear friend,

I would like to announce that I have posted in Mathsource the
package:Humorap 1.0: A Human Model for Radiological Protection (ICRP 66
and 78). I will appreciate any suggestion (guillerm at

It can be downloaded from:
This package provides several Mathematica functions to calculate the
retention in the respiratory tract, including the lungs, of people
resulting from intake of airborne radionuclides. It can be applied to
compute the body and organ content, the daily urinary and faecal
excretion for a time t after a simple intake. It can be expanded to
include continuous and other kind of intake. Default values are applied
but many parameters (decay constant, initial depositions, clearance ,
absorption types factors, etc) can be modified by users. It is possible
to obtain the numeric and the analytical solution.
As an example this package can be used to evaluate the Lung Depleted
Uranium content in studies about Balkan Syndrom.