Extracting the name of a variable

Hello,

I'd like to make a function that extracts the name of a variable and
makes a string. So the function would do:

In:  z = 4

In: nameExtract[z]

Out: "z"

It appears to not be so simple, since once you assign z a value, the
function SymbolName[z] returns an error. what's the trick?

I want to do this so I can make a function takes z as an argument, and
generates a name:value pair  "z=4"