  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26983] Re: Multiple choice question
  • From: "A. Ciarkowski" <aciark at ippt.gov.pl>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 23:22:09 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have just learnt from prof. J. Boersma how to
properly perform analytic continuation of an
integral understood in the sense of its principal
value onto a complex plane with a cut. In view of
his remarks, I must correct myself: the integral

Integrate[ Exp[ I t 2 ]/(t - 1 - I), {t, 0, Infinity}]

equals

Exp[2 I - 2] ( Pi I - ExpIntegralEi[ 2 - 2 I] ),

and hence the first result, Out[12], is correct.

Adam