Re: redundant brackets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27021] Re: redundant brackets
  • From: Brian Higgins <bghiggins at ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 23:22:37 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Joerg, Use Flatten as shown below (Note: your expression has a missing
bracket which I have added to the right in the expression p below)

p = { {0}, {{{{{{14}}}}}, {{{3}}} }}

In[38]:=Flatten[p]

Out[38]={0, 14, 3}

You can also Map Flatten onto the expression for other possibilities.
For example:

In[41]:=Map[Flatten[#] &, p]

Out[41]={{0}, {14, 3}}

Cheers,

Brian

p=In article <9560t8$51 at smc.vnet.net>,
  Joerg Reinnarth <reinnart at iskp.uni-bonn.de> wrote:
> Dear Groups,
>
> I produce a table in a function.
>
> The entries of the table contain redundant brackets.
>
> For example  { {0}, {{{{{{14}}}}}, {{{3}}} }.
>
> I want to get these brackets away, but using Simplify or FullSimplify
does not help.

> Joerg Reinnarth
>
> University of Bonn

Sent via Deja.com