Re: (no subject)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26990] Re: (no subject)
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 23:22:13 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

the ContourPlot[] function generate a sequnce of 2d polygons that
fill you plot range. Compining two contour plots is useless
because the second will cover the first and you won't see it anymore.

You can try ContourPlot[Max[f1[x,y],f2[x,y],f3[x,y]],{x,-1,1},{y,-1,1}]
if fi[] intersects.

Or you can make  Plot3D[]'s and combine the plots but the lower
will be hidden by the higher surfaces.

You have to think how to combine all the zi in a single valued function.

Regards
  Jens