Problem with Inequalities

Hi,
I'm desperately searching for help on my inequality question.
How can I check for the truth of inequalities when I use variables
instaed of numeric values?

For example: a>b;TrueQ[a>b]
does yield 'false' and for example a=1;b=0.5;TrueQ[a>b] yields 'True'.
How do I have to tell the programm, that it should use a>b?

Thanks for your help......

Axel