Problem with Inequalities

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg29675] Problem with Inequalities
  • From: Axel Dreher <Mail at>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 04:40:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I'm desperately searching for help on my inequality question.
How can I check for the truth of inequalities when I use variables
instaed of numeric values?

For example: a>b;TrueQ[a>b]
does yield 'false' and for example a=1;b=0.5;TrueQ[a>b] yields 'True'.
How do I have to tell the programm, that it should use a>b?

Thanks for your help......