TeXSave, TeXForm, etc.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29768] TeXSave, TeXForm, etc.
  • From: John Resler <jmresler at kscable.com>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 01:00:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have visited the mathematica web site in an attempt to correct a
problem I am having with LaTeX documents generated by mathematica 4.1
for Students, for Linux.  About half of the time when I do a :

TeXSave["Test2.tex"] on the current notebook, I get a file created that
has no output in it. The other half of the time, I get a file saved that
will not pass a latex compile. I have followed the instructions at the
web site on editing my init.m file and placing the conversion files in
the appropriate directory but to no avail. Anybody have any ideas?
Postscript generation is ok from mathematica but latex has a little
nicer font setup for math graphics so I wanted to use it for paper
generation as I am a graduate student and periodically have papers due.

-John

--
Beer, it's not just for breakfast anymore!