is there a way to swap the axes in a Plot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29910] is there a way to swap the axes in a Plot?
  • From: "David E. Burmaster" <deb at alceon.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 02:08:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear MathGroup,

Is there an easy way to "transpose" the Plot of a graph?

I know the inverse function in closed form (and it is impossible to invert
in closed form).

In other words, I have an equation in closed form for:

	x =  f^-1[y]

I want to Plot this inverse function, then "transpose" the graph so that
the final graphic has x on the horizontal axis and y on the vertical axis.

Any ideas?

many thanks,
David E. Burmaster

deb at Alceon.com