Re: is there a way to swap the axes in a Plot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29935] Re: [mg29910] is there a way to swap the axes in a Plot?
  • From: Mianlai Zhou <lailai at nikhef.nl>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:57:00 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, David

If you only want to "see" the transposed plotted graph (i.e. by eye), I
have an idea. Suppose you first make a plot of some function, say,
Sin[x]+x:

   h = Plot[Sin[x]+x, {x, 1, 10}]

(here you assigned the graphics output to a symbol). Then you can use it
to get a transposed graph as follows:

   Show[h /. {x_?NumberQ, y_?NumberQ} :> {y, x}]

On my computer it works perfectly. Hope it work well for you, too.

Good luck!

Mianlai Zhou
Theory Group, NIKHEF
Amsterdam, The Netherlands