Re: Integrate[Sqrt[Tan[x]], {x, 0, 1}] -- approx ??

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29996] Re: Integrate[Sqrt[Tan[x]], {x, 0, 1}] -- approx ??
  • From: "OBrien-Malone" <dot at dot.dot>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 00:49:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

You can get the numerical approximation of your last output with

N[%]

but this will give you a number of decimal places that is machine dependent.
You can get *at least* x places using N[%, x]. Usually, if x is less than
the normal machine precision, you will get the (greater) machine precision

--
Cheers

Mark R Diamond
Mark R Diamond
Vision Research Laboratory
Department of Psychology
The University of Western Australia

SPAM AVIODING EMAIL:  ... at psy dot edu dot au, address to markd

Disclaimers: The opinions expressed herein are those of
the author, and are not intended to reflect on any
official positon held by The University of Western
Australia generally, the Department of Psychology
specifically, or any other individual