Re: "Bottomless Options Inspector", was "Folds"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30076] Re: "Bottomless Options Inspector", was "Folds"
- From: Tom Burton <tburton at cts.com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 01:20:12 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Brahea Consulting
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 04:05:14 +0000 (UTC), Emilio MartinSoerrano <emilio.martin-serrano at wanadoo.es> wrote: >But, where the documentation to know how to use it fruitfully?. Typical >Mathematica users can not afford to spend our time diving into the system >trying to guess "non standard" solutions (those so call "smart" or >"ingenious"). More and better tutorials would of course be nice. But often an example is faster. A favorite front-end command is "Format", "Show Expression" [CTRL-SHFT-E in Windoz]. This is how I learned how to insert a "fold": Select a cell with a "fold" triangle, use this command, and low and behold, the Cell includes option ShowGroupOpenCloseIcon->True. Light bulb over even my thick skull goes on! Search the Insector for "openclose". Tom Burton