Re: "Bottomless Options Inspector", was "Folds"

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg30076] Re: "Bottomless Options Inspector", was "Folds"
  • From: Tom Burton <tburton at>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 01:20:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 04:05:14 +0000 (UTC), Emilio MartinSoerrano <emilio.martin-serrano at> wrote:

>But, where the documentation to know how to use it fruitfully?. Typical
>Mathematica users can not afford to spend our time diving into the system
>trying to guess "non standard" solutions (those so call "smart" or

More and better tutorials would of course be nice. But often an example is faster. A favorite front-end command is "Format", "Show Expression" [CTRL-SHFT-E in Windoz]. This is how I learned how to insert a  "fold": Select a cell with a "fold" triangle, use this command, and low and behold, the Cell includes option ShowGroupOpenCloseIcon->True. Light bulb over even my thick skull goes on! Search the Insector for "openclose".
Tom Burton