Formatting numbers on Plot axis

Hallo,

I'm plotting a function with the Plot Command. The range is from -200*10^3
to 200*10^3. That's also exact the way I told it the system.
How can I tell Mathematica not to display 100000 and 200000 on the x-axis
ticks, but rather 200*10^3 or something like 200k . What are the options or
directives to tell Mathematica to format the x-axis numbers in a special
way.
BTW: I'm running version 3.0

Thanks a lot

Oliver Friedrich