Sound file -> CD burner??

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27506] Sound file -> CD burner??
  • From: keith <shulsky at email.arizona.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 03:53:31 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, I'm a semi-newbie to Mathematica, trying to create a test CD of sine
frequencies.
The help file is unclear on the subject, and there is no further
information on the web-site... here I am.

I'd like to generate frequencies from 10Hz to 21kHz, at varying steps,
focusing on the drop-off points of my various audio drivers (100Hz,
5kHz, 20-21kHz).  Furthermore, these need to be non-clipping samples, as
that'll cause serious damage to my equipment.

I have figured out how to play and export to file these functions, but I
can't get them in the right format to burn them to a CD (44.1KHZ,
16-bit, stereo).

The following command gives me a playable file, but not burnable:
Export["c:sinesw.wav", Play[ Sin[2000t], {t, 0, 10}], SampleDepth -> 16]

This is all I've been able to get out of it. Is that all there is?
TIA,
Keith