Re: Calling a remote kernel from an external program.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27876] Re: Calling a remote kernel from an external program.
  • From: parra at signition.com
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 04:30:14 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <9962nq$t2i at smc.vnet.net>, Jens-Peer Kuska says...

>Hi,
>
>if you can call LinkCreate[] than you have a program that
>acts like a FrontEnd and the kernel can't listen to
>two fontends you must call the kernel with
>
>math -mahtlink -linkcreate
>
>or reset the parent link to your program
>
>Regards
>  Jens
>

>PS:
>Ok. The kernel can listen to two fontends with the
>brilliant trick invented by Tod Galley in it's J/Link
>packages.

Hi,

Hmm I tried that but still no go, so I went back to
basics and tried to have two mathematica sessions talk
to each other. On one session I do:

In[1]:= link = LinkCreate["8000"]

Out[1]= LinkObject[8000@nambe, 1, 1]

On the other I do

In[1]:= link = LinkConnect["8000"]

Out[1]= LinkObject[8000@nambe, 1, 1]

Now on the first one I do

In[2]:= LinkWrite[link,6!]

and on the second

In[2]:= LinkRead[link]

Now nothing, it just hangs there. The systems are connected, if I
Ctrl-C the first one, both sessions die with message "Pollable Event",
but somehow the message is not getting trough.
What can be happening?
Thanks,

-Mario