Re: Calling a remote kernel from an external program.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27891] Re: Calling a remote kernel from an external program.
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 04:31:10 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I tryed on my SGI box and all works fine

Session 1---------------------------

lnk = LinkCreate["8000"]

Session 2---------------------------

lnk = LinkConnect["8000@phong"]

LinkWrite[lnk, 15!]

LinkReadyQ[lnk]

LinkRead[lnk]

1307674368000

The opposite version, create the link in Session 2
and connect to the link in session 1 works as well.

What Operating System you are using ?

You should try some other protocols for your system.

Perplex
  Jens