Fitting an ellipse

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28086] Fitting an ellipse
  • From: Luisa Arruda <luisa at lip.pt>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 04:12:36 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have x-y data that I need to fit an ellipse. Is it possible to construct
a Fortran program or can I use mathematica or matlab to solve the problem?
Thanks in advance for your attention,
Luisa Arruda

"And as imagination bodies forth
 The form of things unknown, the poet's pen
 Turns them to shapes, and gives to airy nothing
 A local habitation and a name."
  Shakespeare

luisa at lip.pt
luisa_arruda at hotmail.com