Re: Comments on developer conferences

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28077] Re: [mg28057] Comments on developer conferences
  • From: Jacqueline Zizi <jazi at club-internet.fr>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 04:12:27 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

 I went to the 1994, 1997 and 1999 developer's conference and I do
appreciate it very much for a lot of reasons:

1) The conferences are very good and all together simple and deep;
2) If you store your questions before coming, then you probably will
have them solved when getting back home;
3) You will meet very interesting people, from Wolfram Research, but
also from everywhere around the world and probably will find people very
close what you are doing.

Don't miss Stephen Wolfram talk about what he is doing. There is  a lot
to learn for you from him and not only about  Mathematica.

If you have some interesting thing that you are working on, try your
chance to show it to other people. But doing so might shadow the other
presentations. Indeed, there is several things happening at the same
time and the only thing that I regret is that it is too short for me,
coming from France. I would prefer to stay 2 or 3 days more than having
to choose between interesting presentations.

Jet-lag might be a problem too.

Jacqueline Zizi