2D Fourier and Plot3D???

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28111] 2D Fourier and Plot3D???
  • From: Patrick Ladam <ladam at smbh.smbh.univ-paris13.fr>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 02:58:46 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello to all,

I am desperatly trying to have a display of a 2D Fourier transform of
data in vain...
I don't have my notebook here but here is what I have done:
I was able to generate a 2D list of data (each list having 2^n data for
discrete FT) using:
Abs[Fourier[{{my_function_of_x},{my_function_of_y}},{(x,0,255),(y,0,255)}]]

it gave me a 2D list looking like:
{{value_a, value_b, ....},{value_w, value_z,.... }}
each list having 256 elements
Now when I try to have a 3D plot of this it won't work
I tried a huge amount of combinations to get this 3D plot using
Do[Plot3D[blablabla]] and it never
worked....
It looks to me that the arguments expected by Plot3D or ListPlot3D are
uncompatible with those
of the Fourier command.
There is I guess a way of doing this sort of thing so if someone has
some guidance I would really
appreciate (I have spent hours and hours with no success...)
A piece of code would be the best if you have one under the arm....

ThanX a lot

Bye

| Patrick LADAM                   |                               |
| Laboratoire CSSB                |     THE BIG BANG THEORY:      |
| UFR SMBH                        |                               |
| 74 rue Marcel Cachin            |   In the begining there was   |
| 93017 Bobigny CEDEX             |        nothing at all.        |
| >>> NEW e-mail: <<<             |                               |
| ladam at smbh.smbh.univ-paris13.fr |      Then, it exploded...     |
| Tel: 01 48 38 77 26 / 76 85     |                               |
| Fax: 01 48 38 77 77             |                               |