Re: Defining a function
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg28603] Re: Defining a function
- From: yarblocks at yahoo.de (Jesse Marder)
- Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 00:17:29 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 30 Apr 2001 03:08:42 -0400, "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk> wrote: >Jesse, >a is not a function of b. >Consider: >Even if we restrict x and y to be positive intergere we have > for a = 4 > a= 1+3 or 2+2 or 3+1 >which give > b = 3 or 4 or 3. sorry, i tried to make it more simple as it is... a is in fact equal to x^2 - y^2.