RE: ToString on object

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg28613] RE: [mg28565] ToString on object
  • From: "tgarza01 at" <tgarza01 at>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 03:37:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

The problem stems from the fact that your input is taken as symbols, as there is nothing to indicate that it is meant to be a string. Then, a blank space is interpreted as multiplication, and the "factors" are then ordered alphabetically (as you can see by looking at FullForm). What you have to do is manually wrap the input in quotation marks before applying ToString: "bb aa, rr cc". You will then get the desired result.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City