2 questions about bitmap images
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg28677] 2 questions about bitmap images
- From: "Barthelet, Luc" <lucb at ea.com>
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 02:51:14 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
1) I would like to use Raster to display a bitmap in a graphic, but I would like some of the values of the bitmap to not be displayed (100% transparent pixels). I have been able to achieve this by writing my own version of Raster that draw each pixel as a rectangle, but I would like to know if there is a way to get the regular Raster to do it. I hate to carry around my own version of Mathematica functions. 2) I am starting to use the "Digital Image Processing" application add-on. Has anyone figured out how to take a graphic generated by a previous Show command and turn it into an "ImageData" structure? It seems there should be a way to do it using the usual Display or maybe even Export? I'd rather not have to write a file and then read it back. Thanks, Luc "Things well understood are explained well!"