Re: list of bits to string

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28708] Re: [mg28688] list of bits to string
  • From: Matt.Johnson at autolivasp.com
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 07:54:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Murray-

In[6]:=
bin = {0, 1, 1, 0, 1}
Out[6]=
{0, 1, 1, 0, 1}
In[7]:=
StringJoin[ToString /@ bin]
Out[7]=
"01101"

-matt

murray at math.umass.edu (Murray Eisenberg) on 05/09/2001 02:20:08 AM

cc:
Subject: [mg28708]  [mg28688] list of bits to string

I have a list consisting of binary digits, of a given length, e.g.,
{0, 1, 1, 0, 1}.  I wish to convert this to a _string_ consisting of
those digits: "01101".  How can this be done?

  Murray Eisenberg                       Internet:  murray at math.umass.edu
  Mathematics & Statistics Dept.            Voice:  413-545-2859 (W)
  University of Massachusetts                       413-549-1020 (H)
  Amherst, MA 01003                           Fax:  413-545-1801

All Autoliv e-mails remain Company property and shall be used for
business-related purposes only.   Do not forward any material contained
within this e-mail without prior, written permission from the author's
manager.  Autoliv disclaims all responsibility and accepts no liability
(including negligence) for the consequences for any person acting, or
refraining from acting on this information prior to the receipt by those
persons of subsequent written confirmation.