Win2000

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28730] Win2000
  • From: George Thiel <thiel at us.ibm.com>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 03:38:47 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi All,

sorry if this is not the right place to post this question, but I'm not
sure where else to turn.

I can not get Mathematica 4.1 to run on my new machine (ThinkPad
600X) running Windows 2000.

It appears as if the Kernel never gets loaded.  I can input a command
and the "running" words flash up, but there is no output.

If I try to run jsut the Kernel, after putting in the requested info,
the
programs returns a message that the password is not valid.

I can install and run the Mathemtica 4.1 on a Windows 98 machine and
run without a problem.

Wolfram Research has not been much help, but it seems to be an
operating system problem.

Has anyone had this problem or know what I might tweak inWin2000 to get
this
to run?

Many thanks in advance
George