TableForm Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28925] TableForm Question
  • From: qualsystems*nospam* at mindspring.com
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 01:13:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello All,

A search of Deja News turned up the very problem I need help on, but I
couldn't find any response to it.

The original posting is copied below.

" Hi MathGroup !!

I believe there is a Bug in the TableForm/MatrixForm when using the
option TableDirections. In the Mathematica Book section 2.8.8. we have
the example
TableForm[ { {a, a, a}, {b, b} } ]
which is essentially the same as
TableForm[ {{a, a, a}, {b, b} }, TableDirections -> Column ]
The result is

a a a
b b

which is fine. But when I write
TableForm[ {{a, a, a}, {b, b} }, TableDirections -> Row ]
 I don't get the output I expected

a b
a b

Instead I get the same output as before with the following error
massage Thread::"tdlen": "Objects of unequal length in
OutputFormsDump`HoldList[OutputFormsDump`HoldList [a, a, a], <<1>>]
cannot be combined." Any comments ?!?

Greetings Drago Ganic"

Thanks for any help.

Steve