Re: ListPlot vs ListPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28916] Re: ListPlot vs ListPlot3D
  • From: "Orestis Vantzos" <atelesforos at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 01:13:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Well, given that ListPlot3D creates surfaces (and not a line in 3D space) it
is definitely not so simple to extend its functionality in the way you
specify.
One could write a package though, that takes an array of points in 3D space
and creates a mesh of polygons (so that four adjacent points in the matrix
would define a polygon).
ListConvolve with the right arguments could do the trick, I think...
Orestis Vantzos

news:9e02ft$2vu at smc.vnet.net...