Re: Re: OOP in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29038] Re: [mg29032] Re: OOP in Mathematica
  • From: Vladimir Zahoransky <zahorankonf at pobox.sk>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 21:53:29 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all!

  Here is one idea, which I think is very helpfull. In my deep study in
formal epistemology I found something interesting. Scientific patterns. If
you know Martin Fowler's bestceller (book) - Analytical patterns, then you
know how powerfull are analytical patterns in software engeniering. I
intensivlly studied it and found that this idea can be translated to
mathematics, to mathematical development. Well, classical learning is just
understanding all mathematical facts which teacher send you. Or less,
memorising it. The problem is, you are doing nothing in learning
development. You have final nice structure which is very hardly
changeable. Problem is modularitiy. If you change something then this
change take change in too large on matherial. SI can solve this.

   If we use this, then learning will be more progresive. You will have
the frameworks which want to adapt to you, not you to prepared structure!
This is possible if is OOP very good prepared, very good designed. This
mean, if you study calculus, there is very importent understanding
mouth "calculation trics", whay use it, where use it. (in integrals, for
example Integration sin^2(x)) Other aspect is structuralism. If you have
study the algebra structures, you do not know, whay muth you study it. The
teacher tell you nice sentences - if we carefully study it (for example
groups), then we muth not study for all examples. The sentences are
correct and tell you for all. (for example subgroup from (Z24 +)

   This is nice, but what is the principe? The principe is
structuralisation. This is the style in mathematical meaning which is
looking to structuralise the problem, found the structures and then work
with this structures. Calculus have other strategy. Look to zero change.
This is use in physic. Look to zero change and this present the power of
mathematical analysis in physic in differential equisions and other. This
strategies can we use not here for this fact, but in other, in other
aplications. If will we have good presentation of this styles (scientific
styles) then we can working with "math" how will the styles will be
patterns (template) for research. This is possible if we have very good
OOP representation in Mathematica software. And here I want do something
with Mathematica developers. I thing the scietific styles can help for
mouth students !!!

P. S. V. P. U.
http://www.pobox.sk/