Re: Forcing numbers to be real.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29074] Re: Forcing numbers to be real.
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 18:04:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

David,
Possiblies:
The standard package Algebra`ReIM`
Using the option Assumptions in functions like Integrate
Adding assumption in functions like Simplify, FullSimplify
The standard package Miscellaneous`RealOnly`

Documentation is provided in the HelpBrowser

--
Allan
hay at haystack.demon.co.uk
Voice: +44 (0)116 271 4198
Fax: +44 (0)870 164 0565

"David Kirkby" <REMOOVE_THIS_drkirkby at AND_THIS_ntlworld.com> wrote in
message news:9eporm$1sc at smc.vnet.net...