Help tips again

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29102] Help tips again
  • From: "Jonghee Lee" <jonghee at glue.umd.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 02:57:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I had several mathematica files crashed in calculation.
Even if I had several remedies from folks via this news group,
still can't not work out completely. Adding semicolons in composite
commands, it seemed to work in the beginning. But unfortunately as
adding more cells and getting more complex and huge output, mathematica
crashes after reopening files.

Again used both mathematica 4.0 in PC and 4.1 in Unix.
Wonder if the size of RAM might cause this kinds of crashes
when the output on screen is quite huge data since one suggest that
more memory, less chance to have crashes-My pc has PentiumIII with
128MB. Apart from the graphic outputs in those crashed files,
the size of them are quite large due to size of outputs.

If you have time, just take a look of those crashed files, play around with
them if interested, and if you find any clues to break through problems or
any suggestions, please let me know. I would really appreciate whatever
you provide-even comments on notations, how to construct cells
systematically,
how to save time for calculation and computing resources, whatever!!

A lot of troubles for the beginner.
Thank you all in advance!!

P.S. : Go to http://www.glue.umd.edu/~jonghee/crash_mathematica/
           if you would like to see what kind of files have been crashed.
            Furthermore, let me upload continuously whatever files that
crash in the future
--

Jonghee Lee
University of Maryland