2 equations 2 conditions

Hello,

I have problem. I am sorry if my question is very simple because I am only
beginner and trying to familiar with for Mathematica.

I have 2 equations to calculate W(i,j)=Function of (z, L(i,j)).
Equation(1) is used when i>j and Equation(2) when i<=j.
If I have to use if...then, how can i ask Mathematica to take the correct
equation according to condition?
Thanks a lot.

Win