mutivariable interpolation functions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg29152] mutivariable interpolation functions
- From: adam_jurhs at xontech.com (atjurhs)
- Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 23:28:38 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Essentially, I have a list of a list of a list (data in three dimensions) and I want to be able to create an interpolation function (surface) for the data, so that later on I can calculate derivatives over the surface and that sort of stuff. The built-in ListInterpolation function seems to be working fine (so I think), but working with the resulting interpolated function of three variables seems to be where I'm stuck. I don't know how to compute the derivatives along anyone of the axis (or the gradient) because I don't know what variables the ListInterpolation function utilized. I can email the Mathematica notebook to anyone who would be willing to help.