Re: Integrating TeXSaved Mathematica in LaTeX-Documents

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29146] Re: Integrating TeXSaved Mathematica in LaTeX-Documents
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 23:28:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

1) in the text part of cells the command

System`Convert`TeXDump`UnicodeCharacters =
  System`Convert`TeXDump`UnicodeCharacters /. {
      ("ä" -> _) :> ("ä" -> "\"a"),
      ("ü" -> _) :> ("ü" -> "\"u"),
      ("ö" -> _) :> ("ö" -> "\"o"),
      ("Ä" -> _) :> ("Ä" -> "\"A"),
      ("Ü" -> _) :> ("Ü" -> "\"u"),
      ("Ö" -> _) :> ("Ö" -> "\"O")}

will bring you back the "Einheitliche deutsche TeX-Befehle" standard.
with "a for ae ... and you must use \usepackage{german}.

2) since you can only change the mathematical fonts before
\begin{document}
   and you should not change the math fonts in a running text the fonts
   are fixed.
   You may define your own mathversion that use again Computer Modern
and
   you many manual switch back to Computer Modern text fonts.

   This combination had never been tested because the TeXSave[] command
is
   designed to create a single document and not the pice of a larger
one.

3) Since the PostScript fonts are by default used with notebook2e.sty
the
   base text font is times and an PostScript fonts. PostScript don't
   use ligatures, it has a kerning table. dvips know to reencode the
fonts
   to OT1 encoding and combine PostScript letters to ligatures.
   Since it works wit  dvips I assume it is just an nother bub of Yap.

Regards
  Jens