Print value of a variable in a text cell

All,
how do I print the value of a variable within a text cell?
If a variable "n" contains a real number 1.23 I could create a cell
within the text cell and evaluate the this cell once (the variable will
be replaced with its value, but if "n" will be changed.... how do I
update the entire text cell again?)

I tried the function "Create Value Displayed Object" which works just
fine with system variables like "MonthName" but not with standard
variables.

Thanks
Oliver