Re: [Novice] Automatic bracketing and Defaults Setup

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31582] Re: [Novice] Automatic bracketing and Defaults Setup
  • From: "Angel E. Andreu" <aandreu at localnet.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 03:42:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

To change, for example, the magnification on the notebook on start-up, go to the
Options Inspector.
Once there you can type magnification on the Lookup "bar." That will take you to
the spot where
you can change to the desired magnification factor. Also you can do this with
"fontfamily" and
"fontsize" in the Lookup "bar" and make you changes.

A²

Nospam_homh at momentum.chem.queensu.ca wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could any kind soul out there show me if there is a way to have Mathematica
> (v4) set up such that everytime one enters brackets, their corresponding
> (closing) ones automatically appear?
>
> For example,
>
> Enter:  f = [
>
> Appears: f = [_]
>               ^
>           cursor is here
>
>  ... Steps later ...
>
> Enter:  f = [[{(Sin[
>
> Appears: f = [[{(Sin[_])}]]
>                      ^
>                cursor is here
>
> Also, I have searched the Math book, google, and wolfram and couldn't find
> any hints on how to have the magnification, the font family and font size set
> up as defaults ( I assumed that it is in the init.m file). It would be great
> if people can post their own favourite setups and beginners can use them as
> a start.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Minhhuy Ho

Click here for Free Video!!