RE: Log plots: plot points *linearly* equidistant

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31627] RE: [mg31624] Log plots: plot points *linearly* equidistant
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 03:11:07 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Primoz,

The Log plots from Graphics`Graphics` present many difficulties in their
use. The easiest approach to making log plots is to do it yourself. However,
the LogScale Tick specification from Graphics`Graphics` is useful. The
logstep function below allows relatively even spacing of the points on a log
scale. Then you can use the regular Plot function.

Needs["Graphics`Graphics`"]

logstep[f_][y_] := f[10^(y)]

f[x_] := UnitStep[x - 1]

Plot[logstep[f][y], {y, -2, 3},