Definition of an exponential function
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31665] Definition of an exponential function
- From: "PSi" <psino at tee.gr>
- Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 05:46:52 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I want to define a function with the properties of Exp. The definition f[x_+y_]:=f[x]f[y] f[m_ x_]:=f[x]^m f=1 gives f[x]^2 f[-x]^2=1 but f[x]^m f[-x]^m=(1/f[x])^m (f[x])^m. Is there a way in Mathematica 4.1 to obtain f[x]^m f[-x]^m=1?