Re: Creating objects

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31661] Re: Creating objects
  • From: atelesforos at hotmail.com (Orestis Vantzos)
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 05:46:40 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Roman Maeder has created a package named Classes` which implements
certain OOP elements, like inheritance. Unfortunately it is very
limiting in many aspects;eg. methods must be implemented as pure
functions and dynamic binding must be forced by the user.
I am currently working on a package for OOP in Mathematica, which
implements automatic dynamic binding,inheritance,improved
encapsulation and static methods for classes, keeping all the familiar
forms of the Mathematica language.
Send me an email, if you want to receive an alpha version for testing
(as soon as I get down to it ;-)
Orestis