Re: Evaluate Initialization button?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31674] Re: [mg31633] Evaluate Initialization button?
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 05:47:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Gianluca Gorni wrote:

> I have written a notebook containing a package and example applications.
> I would like to make the package available to beginner Mathematica
> users that have no idea of what packages or initialization cells.
>
> The package is contained in the notebook's initialization cells, inside
> a closed cell group.
>
> What I have in mind is a well-visible, active button that says
>
>            "click me to load package"
>
> and that triggers "evaluate initialization" from the Kernel menu. Just that.
>
> I browsed the on-line help but without luck. It seems that
> "EvaluateInitialization" is not among the available commands.
>
> Anybody knows how to do that? Or something to the same effect?

It would have been helpful if you would have posted the code you were
using.

I suspect that you were attempting to use a front end token as if it were
a function.  Here is probably what you need to do.

ButtonBox[
  "Click me to load package",
  ButtonFunction :>
    FrontEndExecute[FrontEndToken["EvaluateInitialization"]],
  ButtonEvaluator -> None,
  Active -> True
]

--