Re: ListDensityPlot print problem + poll
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31014] Re: ListDensityPlot print problem + poll
- From: "Steve Luttrell" <luttrell at signal.qinetiq.com>
- Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 01:20:49 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Defence Evaluation & Research Agency
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
<axc at poincare.EECS.cwru.edu> wrote in message
news:9p40tu$5d4$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> i'm using Mathematica 4.0 with win98 and printing to a postscript printer.
> have some ListDensityPlots which on screen have lots of gray levels,
> but when printed only the white and black 'cells' appear, with the
> mid-level gray cells rendered as black. However when i cut and paste
> those graphics to ms word ('97) and print from there the gray levels
> come out ok, so that rules out a printer driver problem. any clues?
I vaguely remember I had a problem like this, but it was a few years ago
with an earlier version of Mathematica. The problem turned out to be that my
Window display settings were only 256 colour (or maybe 65536 colour). When I
set Windows to a higher colour resolution the problem went away.
QinetiQ, Malvern, U.K.
Prev by Date:
Re: help: rewriting a fraction a/b==c/d + e/f
Next by Date:
RE: help: how do you solve a less-or-equal equation
Previous by thread:
Re: how do you solve a less-or-equal equation
Next by thread:
Urgent but simple problem III