Re: RGBColor to Hue?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31035] Re: RGBColor to Hue?
- From: "Hans Michel" <hansjm at bellsouth.net>
- Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 01:22:47 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Try this website http://www.neuro.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~aly/polygon/info/color-space-faq.html Hans "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net> wrote in message news:9pecgj$sin$1 at smc.vnet.net... > Dear MathGroup, > > Does anyone know transformation equations that will convert RGBColors to > Hues? If one looks at the input ColorSelector there seems to be an > equivalence between them. Yet there seems to be no documented function which > converts from RGBColor to Hue. > > Specifically I would like to obtain a hue and a brightness for any RGBColor. > I am not looking for something picture perfect. Just something roughly > equivalent for screen display of Mathematica notebooks. > > David Park > djmp at earthlink.net > http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/ > > > >