- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31147] Recursive Rules
- From: "Mark S. Coleman" <mcoleman at bondspace.com>
- Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 02:47:12 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I know that a recurrent/recursive function can be written
f[t_] := f[t] = a + b*f[t-1].
So that once an initial value is stipulated, e.g., f=0, then the
function "remembers" past values and can correctly calculate f for
I was wondering if it was possible to do the same thing with a Rule?
Prev by Date:
Re: another question.
Next by Date:
Problem with building mathlink programs
Previous by thread:
Re: Solving simultaneous equations with inequalities
Next by thread:
Re: Recursive Rules