- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31183] Two-dimensional input
- From: gah at math.umd.edu (Garry Helzer)
- Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 01:19:05 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Maryland
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
To accompany some lecture notes I am developing I would like to define a pair of functions of x that could be entered from the keyboard as x^\[UpArrow] and x^\[DownArrow]. The problem is that \[UpArrow] is a binary operator and \[DownArrow] is a letterlike form. Is there a way? I could, of course, use something like superminus and subminus, but I really prefer the arrows.